To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync account/vault with both iCloud and Dropbox

Options
daz
daz
Community Member

Hi
One of the most important things that's been missing in 1Password is the ability to sync your vault with both iCloud and Dropbox !

I use an iPhone, an iPad and a Windows laptop; and you can only sync your account with one cloud service
I synced my account with icloud for my iPad and iPhone
But what about Windows
I feel like there are many people who wish to see this feature of syncing your vault with both Dropbox and iCloud in the future update

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daz - Thanks for getting in touch! That's an excellent question. From an engineering perspective sync using one third-party service is already a difficult thing to do. Keeping data in sync across different services opens an entirely different world of pain that we'd like to avoid.

I understand your concerns though. There are a lot of users that use a mix of devices, some non-Apple. For these users syncing through Dropbox on all their devices is an option. I'd just remove iCloud from the equation for sanity reasons. ;)

An even better option is having a 1Password subscription account. With an account, sync is automatic and cross-platform right out of the box. And while setting up sync through a Dropbox account is a bit on the technical side of thing, a 1Password account doesn't require any setup at all. Just sign in to your account, and your data is already there! There are also number of other benefits you get from a subscription, like never needing to worry about license keys or upgrade pricing again, web access, and a per-item item history.

A subscription account comes with a 30-day trial period, so why don't you give it a spin? :)

• daz
    daz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Roman -
    Do you think that subscription model would be a pain as we have to shell out a regular amount of money every month

Why not just buy the whole app on the computer and pay for the one-time in-app purchase on mobile devices to use it for free forever

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @daz - We offer both possibilities. The decision which one suits you better is ultimately yours. I just brought a subscription up as an alternative solution to your sync concerns.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@daz don't forget that with the subscription all upgrades are included. With the one-time purchase, only upgrades of the current version are included. To me this makes the subscription worthwhile even as a long-time user.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

I feel like there are many people who wish to see this feature of syncing your vault with both Dropbox and iCloud in the future update

I'm not sure I understand why you need to sync with both iCloud and Dropbox. Why not just use Dropbox? It works well on all platforms.

• Fantastic point @danco and I agree with you completely. Thank you for assistance :high-five:

• daz
    daz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @danco for the information
    That means I'll have to buy every new upcoming in-app purchases

• Hi @daz - With our new 1Password.com accounts, all the 1Password apps for Windows, Mac, iOS & Android are included since it's built into the monthly pricing. This includes future upgrades and the in-app Pro-Features for iOS and Android. I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day!

I agree @pervel - choosing only one sync source is the way to go! :-)

This discussion has been closed.