To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migration issue

Options
pmhowe
pmhowe
Community Member

I have older standalone 1password account on my iMac. I want to migrate all of it to an online new 1password account. Please list detailed steps. Many thanks.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: El Capitan
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Frank
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @pmhowe - Thank you for reaching out to us and congrats on the new 1Password.com account. It looks like you already added the account to your Mac, fantastic! So let's get started -

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select your Primary vault from the list > Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list > Click Item in the menu bar, choose Share > Personal > Move. I will also include a helpful link below, just in case -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

Now all your existing 1Password data should be within your Personal vault which is connected to your new 1Password.com account. When you log into the account online, all your data should be there :-) You can also delete your Primary vault once the data has been moved over. You will use your Personal vault going forward. Let me know if that helped or if you have any additional questions. :-)

Enjoy the rest of your day!

• pmhowe
    pmhowe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the help. I am obviously doing something wrong: I tried without success.

When I open the 1pwd app on my Mac and click on 1pwd there is no “switch to vault”. There is only New Vault and Demo Vault. I athink that is due to my only having one vault.

When I open Item> Share, my only options are Mail, Messages, and Print. I don't think I want those. There is no list of vaults to choose from. My 1pwd app on the Mac does not see my account.

When I go to my 1pwd account, it obviously does not see the 1pwd app on my Mac.

Not sure where to go from here.

• Hi pmhowe - Thank you for letting me know. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance reply back to me and we can continue the conversation over there :-) Talk to you soon.

ref: TUW-82796-711

This discussion has been closed.