Troubles with filling on iOS and Windows

Options
lvo1
lvo1
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I am having a lot of difficulties with this program, and am not sure it's worth the $$ I would be paying. Your forum is worthless, as are the FAQs. Not even your categories are adequate. Two issues (for now):
1. I am unable to use my iPhone to open sites which are password enabled, even though the 1PW app appears to be active, and has all my vital info. Curses!!!
2. On at least 1 site (BHPhoto Video), I use 1PW to get into the site, it recognizes me for a brief moment, and then goes immediately back to the opening page to fill in the username and PW. I tried the multiple page solution, but it still doesn't work.

Can you PLEASE get back to me!!! I'm still waiting for an answer to my question from yesterday.

I still have time on my free demo, but if these issues are any indication of the program, I'm going to cancel my order!

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 and iPhone 6s
Sync Type: iTunes or wifi
Referrer: forum-search:how long do I have to wait for a question to be answered??? It's been 5 days!!!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hello @lvo1,

To help we're going to need some more detail.

1. This page, Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in our support documentation details how the 1Password iOS extension works. Using it as a guide can you say where your experiences deviate from what should happen. Once we begin to narrow down what is going wrong we can start working on resolution.
    2. Is this still on the iPhone or in 1Password 4 for Windows? If 1Password 4 for Windows, when you say you use 1Password to get into the site are you attempting to use Go & Fill or the keyboard shortcut? If you're unsure of these two options then the following section, Sign in to sites with 1Password will hopefully help disambiguate the two. When I took a look at the site I see the only way to get the actual login form to appear is to interact with the loaded page meaning Go & Fill won't work here as it requires the login form is visible without user interaction. I just tried creating an account there to test with and filling the visible login form resulted in the desired behaviour, the form filled and 1Password submitted the form. I was then returned to the main page by the site and I was logged in. Now when I visited B&H Photo I was offered only a single page to fill so I'm curious to know if we're seeing something different given you mentioned multiple pages.

We're happy to work with you to resolve this but we need to pin down the precise issues being experienced first.

ref: LAP-34669-983

• lvo1
    lvo1
    Community Member
    Options

So much to read, but still no success. I had already placed 1PW on my iPhone (6s), and registered it and it showed all the correct personal information I plugged in (email, key, master code). I also performed the actions you suggested in #1 above. However, when I go to a site that requires me to plug in a username and pw (WSJ.com) and go to 1PW to plug in the username and PW, there is NOTHING in the 1PW app directory. So, instead, the 1PW app asks me to plug in the two pieces of info manually (i.e., recreate the same info on my desktop). What that's telling me is that my desktop and iPhone are not communicating with each other.

On a separate issue, when I am on my desktop, and go to the "Open 1PW" within the circled "i" in the tool bar, it asks me to plug in my key (not my mastercode) and tells me it's the wrong one!! But then, a separate popup comes up that asks me to plug in my master code and allows me to get into my 1PW "trial" logins! I deleted an earlier error at the time I was setting up the trial (setting up a personal vs. a family account), but I am using the family account key, and that's what I used to populate the username and PW logins, so I don't think that's the problem.

Finally, this is the information you asked me to provide to you for my system:
    1PW Version: 4.6.1.617(19)
    Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
    OS Version: 6.2.9200

My 1PW account is visible on both Chrome and Mozilla on my desktop; ditto with my iPhone 1PW app. I haven't gone to look whether it's also on my iPad, since I did not load it in as an app on that device.

In the 1PW app settings on my iPhone, under 1Browser User Agent, the default was 1Browser. Since that didn't work, I changed that and clicked on Safari (iPhone). It still doesn't populate the program with my information.

Got enough information to work with?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Since you mentioned a three-piece sign in process (email, key, and master code), this makes me think that on your iPhone you are using a 1Password.com account. (You can verify this by going to Settings > Accounts in the 1Password app on your iPhone.) If that is indeed the case, that would explain the discrepancy between your iPhone and Windows PC since 1Password 4 for Windows does not work with 1Password.com accounts. You'll need 1Password 6 for that, which you can download from https://1password.com/downloads/. I think once you're signed in to the same account on both your iPhone and Windows PC, things will seem much more sane. If you have any data in 1Password 4 on your Windows PC, you'll want to follow these instructions for moving it over. (Be sure it's showing you the Windows instructions, which it should by default if you visit the page on your Windows PC.)

As for filling Logins on iOS, it's worth noting that 1Password will only fill Logins when you're on a site where the URL matches what you've stored in 1Password. Using your WSJ.com example, when you look at your WSJ Login in the 1Password application, does the website field list wallstreetjournal.com? If you do actually sign in from wsj.com, you should also add that address as another website. The reason for this restriction is that 1Password prevents you from accidentally filling your information on a site other than the one you told 1Password the information was for. So, for instance, if you were a campaign manager whose email was under attack, you'd be inclined to believe an email that appeared to be from Google and told you that your password had been compromised. But if you were using 1Password, 1Password would not offer any of your Google credentials on this site because its website address does not match what is stored in 1Password.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions or issues.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• lvo1
    lvo1
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try your suggestion out when I get back home. It certainly makes sense. Just had to reply about your example. I'm still wiping away the tears with laughter. Great sense of humor!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could put a smile on your face given all the frustration you've obviously had with 1Password thus far. Let us know how those suggestions go and we'll see what we need to do next. We'll stick with you until it's working. :)

• lvo1
    lvo1
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, so I downloaded 1PW6, but I can't find the exe file on the desktop! Just the download file, and the 1PW version 4. Which means every time I open 1PW on the desktop, it's still the old version. Sheesh!

• lvo1
    lvo1
    Community Member
    Options

Ooops, just found 1PW6 on my Windows 10 desktop. I'll try that and see what happens.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! Let us know how you get on. :)

• lvo1
    lvo1
    Community Member
    Options

Finally got the 1PW6 to function properly on the desktop. BUT, it STILL won't cross over to the iPhone which does have the latest install. I even uninstalled on the iPhone, and then re-installed just to be sure, and also re-booted the iPhone. Still no luck. The app a settings function, and the menu (1PW accounts, General, Vaults, Security, etc.), but when I click on any of them, I don't see the directory of sites that are on my desktop 1PW. I followed your instructions to the letter, but it's still not functioning. If the next try doesn't work, I will be canceling the account. This is simply way too much trouble, and I understand that Dashlane is both cheaper and easier.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ivo1,

Sorry for the trouble getting set up - I can see from our records that you have two 1Password accounts - one Individual and one Family. Our new set up flow on iOS does allow you to create a 1Password Account even though you already had a Family Account which could have been what happened here. I'm sorry about this - it's a design flaw on our side that we will look to fix.

It appears that earlier you had your iPhone signed into the Individual Account and all your other devices signed into the Family account. This would explain why the syncing wasn't working. However now you seem to have all you devices including your iPhone in the same Family Account so it should be working. Let's confirm this - I'll suggest how to check this now:

To confirm you're signed into the correct 1Password Account on your iPhone:
    1. Open 1Password and unlock.
    2. Open Settings > 1Password accounts.
    3. You should see the name of your 1Password Family Account displayed.

This should match the 1Password Account that you're signed into on your 1Password for Windows. To confirm this:
    1. Open 1Password on Windows & unlock.
    2. Click the Settings cog. In the drop-down menu click "Accounts & Vaults".
    3. Another menu should appear that has the name of your 1Password Family Account. It should be the same name as you see on your iPhone.

Once this is confirmed, you now know both devices are signed into the same 1Password Account. You should then be able to see your items on your iPhone if you:
    1. Exit Settings in 1Password on your iPhone.
    2. In the top-left there should be an icon to select vaults - please click it and choose "All Vaults".
    3. Then click the Categories icon on the bottom of the screen.
    4. You should then see a list of Categories, e.g. All Items, Logins, Passwords, etc.
    5. If you click on "All Items" do you see the items that also appear on 1Password for Windows?

Let me know if that helps.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• lvo1
    lvo1
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, but I've already screwed around with this program for 3 days. I've checked the Wall Street Journal review of this program, and they gave it fairly low reviews compared to Dashlane. So, I've cancelled my subcpscription and will try another program. Their are just too many issues with 1Password, and not enough rapid support.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lvo1,

I'm very sorry for the frustration you had with the set up process :( I would like to thank you for taking the time to talk to us about the issues you faced and hopefully we can improve the set up flow based on what you have found. We already have ideas for the solution :chuffed:

If you do feel like taking a few minutes to try the above steps to see if your iOS and Windows devices are indeed syncing I would love to hear how you get on and if not you are most welcome back any time if you have any more questions.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.