Shared Password for Different Domains/Entries

Options

Hello,

I have different web-pages (at different domains/URLs) that make use of the same login credentials (username/password).

Is there a way to create multiple entries in 1Password but somehow link them each other so that when I update the password on 1 entry it automatically applies to the remaining linked elements?

How are you approaching this problem?

Kind regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jrmfreitas,

Instead of creating multiple Login items there is another way that should work for you. This is intended for sites where they really are all accessing the same service in the background but for whatever reason have services split over multiple domains. I've only experienced this once which was at university.

A Login item can be made up of multiple website fields and additional ones can be added. Each one will allow this Login item to be matched to the domain stored in that URL. So I would start by adding an additional website field and seeing if the Login item can correctly fill the required fields. This will mean you hopefully only have to change one Login item.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know how you get along.

For sites that allow you to authenticate using Facebook or Google account credentials this shouldn't be needed as sites that do this should be sending you to the real login page for Facebook or Google rather than asking you for your account details on a page on their site. I would be very careful about supplying your account details in these situations.

This discussion has been closed.