After Chromebook update after to "reinitialize" the 1Password for Family login page. Just me?

3l3phant
3l3phant
Community Member

I seems like every time I tell my Acer CB to update, when I go back to the Families login page I have to re-enter my Account Key. Doesn't seem to be OS version specific but currently on v. 56.0.2924.79 beta (64-bit)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ChromeOS
Sync Type: N/A
Referrer: forum-search:chromebook update

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @3l3phant - It sounds like cookies / caches are cleared when the CB updates (which makes sense, as its OS is browser-based). Unfortunately that's outside our control. :| Please let me know if you need anything else. I’m here for you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@3l3phant: Just to add to what Roman said, in case it helps, while 1Password.com does not use cookies to maintain the authorization (I suspect these aren't being cleared when you update), it does use the browser's local storage to "remember" you so you don't have to enter the Account Key each time. I'm a bit surprised that this would be cleared when updating your Chromebook (as this doesn't happen with Chrome or other browsers), I wonder if they're doing this just to clean up and free some space before performing the update.

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

Yeah, I can see if it was a Power Wash of the machine, but not just an update. Ahh well. Small price to pay :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@3l3phant: Indeed, it's probably not the end of the world, but I'm curious about this myself. :lol:

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

@brenty - Not to necro this post but wanted to update that it happened again. Here's the system information:
    Version 56.0.2924.87 beta (64-bit)
    Platform 9000.82.0 (Official Build) beta-channel edgar
    ARC Version 3691121
    Firmware Google_Edgar.7287.167.42

I'm wondering if it will happen if I go back to the Stable channel. Will give it a shot.

• Hi @3l3phant - Thank you sending over the additional details. I will make sure to let @brenty know :-) Keep us posted what you find when going back to the stable channel :-) Talk to you soon!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@3l3phant: Thanks for letting me know! Unsurprisingly, I've seen similar reports of Chrome browser betas exhibiting this behaviour as well. I'm not sure there's anything we can do about it, but we'll continue to keep an eye on it. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.