1Password Windows app - will not save when replacing an existing uploaded document

I have uploaded an Excel spreadsheet to 1password (Windows 10 64bit, 1password build 6.3.359d) but now want to replace it as it is out of date. I click Edit but if I drag and drop the new Excel file (same name) or use the "click here", it immediately says Uploaded (even if when I upload large files) but then clicking on Save has no effect. Navigating away from the item and then back again shows the original document still stored.

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 64-bit
Sync Type: 1password account
Referrer: forum-search:file upload wont update

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @MarcusDerby,

Thanks for writing in.

, it immediately says Uploaded (even if when I upload large files) but then clicking on Save has no effect.

This is a wrong message, we've changed the status message in the next update to clarify this, it will say ready to upload on save now. 1Password starts uploading as soon as you click on save, you have to wait until it is fully uploaded before it is saved. We will overhaul how upload works, so that it can give you real-time progress.

What you can do for now is click on the New Item > Import files as Documents and this will give you real-time feedback for now. Delete the old Document item once this new one is uploaded fully.

• MarcusDerby
    MarcusDerby
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt reply Mike. Just tried selecting file, pressing Save and waiting a while, and sure enough, the Save button eventually disappeared once the upload had completed, so that solves my problem.
    Good to hear you are going to change the labelling. Suggest you also change the Save text to something like "Saving..." or "Please wait..." as soon as it is pressed to give the user immediate feedback that something is being done.

• MarcusDerby
    MarcusDerby
    Community Member

One more question: what is the limit on the size if files I can upload. 17MB works but 98MB doesn't from trial and error so far

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @MarcusDerby,

Suggest you also change the Save text to something like "Saving..." or "Please wait..." as soon as it is pressed to give the user immediate feedback that something is being done.

Yep, we will provide better UI feedback in a future update and we will actually redo the entire Documents feature. We need to provide better offline handling, file size information (which would be useful for preventing big files if it exceeds our file size limitation), and so on.

One more question: what is the limit on the size if files I can upload. 17MB works but 98MB doesn't from trial and error so far

I'm not sure about the Windows program, I'm double-checking with our engineering team and will update you as soon as I know. I do know it is 50MB on the 1Password.com web app, so it is likely the Windows program follows that restriction as well. We'll be sure to add this to the upload feature in a future update as well, so that it prevents any files that cannot be uploaded due to its size.

This discussion has been closed.