To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password account vault configuration - Is it possible to set up a single vault called 'Primary'?

Options
rmilton
rmilton
Community Member

I'm migrating from Roboform to 1Password across Mac, iOS and Windows, and had a few questions, since there are a few ways to handle it - two, as far as I can tell. I had initially set up a vault on dropbox, then noticed that I'd need to use an earlier version of 1Password on Windows, to match functionality. I haven't tried that yet.

I opened a 1Password account, but got stuck over some minor preferences that didn't seem configurable. They probably aren't, but it can't hurt to double check. I'm also curious about the alternative, using v4 on windows, for the short term. Is there any reason that I shouldn't go that route, from a functional or usability standpoint?

I expected the 1 Password account to let me set up a single vault that I'd title 'primary', rather than 'personal'. Is it possible to change that default? It's easy enough to completely uninstall the clients for a fresh install - is there any benefit to starting over with a 1Password account reset?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4
Sync Type: dropbox / 1password acct.

Comments

• rmilton
    rmilton
    Community Member
    Options

To summarize, as there are no replies - perhaps my email was unclear.

1. Is a vault titled 'Personal' required with a 1Password account?
      2.If you're using 1Password 4 Windows with DropBox, as v6 doesn't support read-write, is it working well for you?

Thanks again,
    Robert

• Oliver78
    Oliver78
    Community Member
    Options

I do believe "Personal" is the only name for the vault.

• rmilton
    rmilton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Oliver78. I'll look for the right thread to add my vote for custom naming!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I recently read this in the release notes of the Windows (6.3 build 370) Beta:

1Password will accept the different names for Personal and Shared vaults from 1Password.com servers rather than hardcoded to "Personal" and "Shared".

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

So it may come soon?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

There has indeed been a lot of discussion about the topic of being able to rename the default vaults. We're considering this for the future, but at this point in time we can't say anything more than what has already been said over there. It's definitely on our radar! :)

ref: OPM-900

This discussion has been closed.