Master Password works in iOS app but not on Mac

Options
jaredinsf
jaredinsf
Community Member

1Password on my Mac just stopped recognizing my master password. It is still recognized by the iPhone app, however. I tried resetting it on the iPhone app, and the new one is working on the app but still not working on my computer. I also tried uninstalling the Mac app and reinstalling. That has not worked either. Any ideas?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jaredinsf if in fact you've created a new master password on your iPhone you need to give that change a chance to sync to your Mac before it will work on your Mac. In other words, initially you'll have to unlock 1Password on your Mac using your old master password then, once you've sync'd with your iPhone, you'll subsequently be able to use the new master password to unlock 1Password on your Mac.

Does that help? If not, and you're still having problems, please tell us what versions of 1Password you're using on your iPhone and Mac and how you're syncing your 1Password data.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jaredinsf,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the master password on your Mac! As Stephen mentioned, you may still need to unlock 1Password on your Mac with the old master password before it will start to accept the new one. If it still won't accept the old one, we have some suggestions here which might be helpful: If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

If those tips don't help, then as Stephen said, we'll need to know additional details about your setup:

Thanks in advance!

• airwalker
    airwalker
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Jared. The suggestion about checking the flag on the menubar worked! Somehow overnight (?) my location switched to the UK. I changed it back to the US flag, and now my master password works perfectly! :)

• @airwalker,

That's good to hear, let us know if you have any other questions!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.