To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to sync iOS and Android

Options
rralmeida
rralmeida
Community Member

I used to have iphone and accessed 1password on the iphone and ipad (which I still use, btw). Now I have an android phone and have been trying forever to access my data, but I cannot make it work. How do I access both via android phone and ipad?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Dropbox is cheapest, as you only need one-time purchase (and the iOS version is free, but with an in-app purchase for extra features). But you need to set up Dropbox sync.

Ot pay for a subscription (probably not worth the cost unless you have either a Mac OS or a Windows computer in addition to the iOS and Android devices). Once you have set up a subscription account, syncing is automatic, you don't have to do anything.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rralmeida - Thanks for getting in touch! danco is right, for cross-platform sync there's Dropbox sync available, or you can sign up for a 1Password subscription. I tend to slightly disagree with danco as far as 'not worth the cost' goes, though. Even in a setup with just two devices, a subscription plays out its strengths: sync works right out of the box, off-site back-up of your data, per-item history of changes and many more. I'd definitely give subscriptions a look. You get a 30-day trial when you create a new account, so you have time to see if it's for you.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, there's room for disagreement as to whether a sub is worthwhile for this user.

I certainly agree with you that a sub is worth looking at anyway, as there is a trial. Each person will have to make their own decision as to cost and features.

• On behalf of @roman, thank you for helping out @danco :-) Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.