To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Using 1Password Webapp at School: Switching multiple computers.

Options

I have switched to 1Password today and everything is great, the Mac beta is performing well, and I have imported all my passwords. Here is my issue: I have long, cryptic passwords for accounts that I may need access to at school, but I cannot be sure which workstation I will be on. I need to have access to my web app from all pcs/macs at school, but I don't want to have to authorise each one and carry my account key with me. If I installed the extension for chrome, that solves the PC side (I could login w/ google there), but the school macs don't have chrome, only safari. What should I do?

1Password Version: 660011 (Beta)
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: macOS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• bradleybooster
    bradleybooster
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I forgot the MacOS version. I am running version 10.12.3.

• Hi @bradleybooster - Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm happy to hear you're using 1Password to stay secure.

Great question! The extension won't work properly without one of our apps installed. The extension needs to communicate to the app in order to function. The only solution I can think of is using Safari to log into your account at - https://my.1Password.com. Unfortunately this doesn't solve the need to bring your Emergency Kit with you but it's the safest and most secure way to access your account from a public computer. I would also highly recommend clearing the browser history before leaving the computer.

Sorry for not having a better solution and let us know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help :-)

• bradleybooster
    bradleybooster
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt reply, but I have figured out a way to do this. I downloaded my preferred mobile browser (Opera Neon) and saved the web app account key in the browser natively, then moved the browser to an encrypted flash drive. I can now use 1Password anywhere, regardless of platform. Thanks for the amazing software!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

@bradleybooster - That sounds like a solid solution, happy you found it! Please let us know if you need anything else. We’ll be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.