To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Missing German translation of Categories after move to 1Password.com account

Options
halfyearsun
halfyearsun
Community Member

I am a registered user of 1Password for Mac and also bought the pro versions for iPhone and Android. I recently started a 1Password.com trial and moved my existing agilekeychain to the 1Password.com account using my licensed 1Password version for the Mac (agile bits website download). Everything went fine and was really easy thanks to the QR Code scanning and well thought out process but after the move all the categories that were previously displayed in German now appear in English. Why is that? Obviously the translated text resources already exist since they were previously translated.

I did the same in the Android App and there the categories are still displayed in German. I also just found your online translation tool on crowdin but quickly couldn't find any category text resources that are not yet translated.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.2
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@halfyearsun - Thanks for reaching out to us. That is a great question regarding our localization efforts!

The short answer is: The subscription platform has not been localized yet.

The slightly longer answer is: The Mac and iOS apps currently use the same base, which is what you see on CrowdIn. It's a bit more difficult than one would expect to move that to the subscription platform as well. We would like to localize all the apps consistently, and we're doing our best with things right now. Hopefully we'll have a localized version of the subscription platform soon! :)

• kieselit
    kieselit
    Community Member
    Options

@Roman: I only want to let you know that I would like to see a fix of this as well. Of course, it is not critical, but as polished and thought through all other parts of the apps and 1Password.com are in general, the language inconsistency in the app on non English devices stands out a little bit. Thanks for considering localizing the subscription platform in the future! :-)

• Ben
    Options

Absolutely. This is definitely on the short list. We'd like to get all of 1Password localized. We are taking bites out of that rather large project. Just today we published Spanish, Russian, and Italian translations to a number of our support documents.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.