To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I've set up, now how do I actually input all my passwords from all my accounts?

Options
truebey
truebey
Community Member

I've set up, now how do I actually input all my passwords from all my accounts?I've set up, now how do I actually input all my passwords from all my accounts?I've set up, now how do I actually input all my passwords from all my accounts?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I've set up, now how do I actually input all my passwords from all my accounts?

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @truebey - Thanks for this question, it's an excellent one. There are basically two ways to enter items in 1Password: you can always manually create items or you can let 1Password do the heavy lifting for you.

Let's look at manually creating items first, as this is a quick one: To add an item to 1Password, click the New Item button or choose File > New Item (Command-N). Then choose the type of item to create. Enter the details and click Save. To edit an item, select it and click Edit or choose Item > Edit (Command-E). When you’re done making changes, click Save or choose Item > Save Changes (Command-E).

The manual approach works great for items that are not in the Login category, e.g. Secure Notes, Driver's License, Passports etc.

For Login items that you use to access your websites and online accounts, I'd recommend looking at the second option. This article gives you a great entry point: First install and/or activate the 1Password extension on your device, then learn how to save passwords in 1Password. Finally learn how to use the Quick Fill keyboard shortcut to log in to your websites with the push of a button.

I hope this gets you started. If you need any specific information on how to get something done in 1Password, please let us know. We're happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.