Changed files in dropbox

barrysound
barrysound
Community Member

I received a notification that 3 files had changed in dropbox, but I didn't change anything. I figured out that they were three passwords, but I don't think they had actually changed. Do you have any idea what might have happened? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@barrysound: It's important to keep in mind that this won't necessarily be anything in 1Password that changed, since it could be anything you've stored in Dropbox. Either way, it should show you recently changed files in the dropdown menu, and you can probably get even more information on the website since that includes the device where the changes were made, etc. But regarding 1Password specifically, if you're using data on a device, it may update the time stamp, which Dropbox would then sync to the others. I hope this helps!

• barrysound
    barrysound
    Community Member

@brenty : Thanks for your reply. I managed to track down what had changed and it was definitely related to 1password. Your explanation makes perfect sense. I was just becoming concerned that there might have been an issue with someone else somehow gaining access to my password information. It doesn't seem likely though. Thanks again for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@barrysound: You're welcome! That's definitely an important concern. I'm glad to hear that all is well though! And keep in mind that even if someone did gain access to your 1Password files or your Dropbox account, they wouldn't be able to decrypt your data without your Master Password. Obviously you'd still have cause for concern in either case, but at least your vault would remain secure. Anyway, we're here for you if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.