intuit not submitting

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

OK, here is a strange one. If I go to the website, https://myturbotax.intuit.com and then use the extension to fill and submit, the information gets filled in but does not submit. The gear in the title bar does go around but the information is not submitted. If I use the open and fill https://myturbotax.intuit.com which is inside of the app itself and under "website" the information gets filled in and then submitted. The login is set for submit when enabled. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Steve_H,

Thanks for reporting this. I've only been able to reproduce the failing auto-submit with Safari (10.0.3), not Chrome (56.0.2924.87) or Firefox (51.0.1). Is the failure happening for you with Safari as well?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

sjk, very sorry about that. I am running Safari Version 10.0.3 (12602.4.8). I thought I was losing my mind.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Steve_H,

Thanks for writing in - I've tried this website out using the following:

• 1Password for Mac 6.5.5
    • 1Password for Safari 4.6.3
    • Safari 10.0.3 (12602.4.8)

I would recommend upgrading 1Password.

Please note: that if your app is called "1Password 6" then you'll need to update 1Password manually as the automatic update process was broken between 6.5.3 and 6.5.5.

Hope this helps, if not please let me know and we'll see what else we can do.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Matthew, I use the MAS version and that release is not available. Apple is sort of slow with this. :-)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017

Hello @Steve_H,

Sorry for the confusion. You'll find we won't release 6.5.5 on Apple's Mac App Store as versions 6.5.4 and 6.5.5 were to rectify a provisioning profile issue that basically stopped our AgileBits Store users from using 1Password which we discuss in two blog posts here and here. The only change is the updated provisioning profile and as it didn't affect MAS customers you were spared the "joy" and any need for the newer version.

After poking and prodding the site a bit I find the issue in at least Chrome as well and the cause is a set of username and password fields that are off screen. Our interactions come as a separate fill script telling me that it's a separate document on the page and each fill script is treated separately. So two things stand out to me.

1. I would have hoped we identified these as not being visible and so shouldn't focus on them.
    2. The site must be generating these just after the page has loaded given open and fill does work. The only deduction I can make with seeing open and fill work is that the input fields didn't exist when we filled so we didn't try to interact with them like we do when using just fill.

This one will probably take a bit of investigation as to what is happening. It means I don't have an answer for you right now though except to say I can replicate your findings and that for now your workaround of using open and fill is the best I can see.

-- Edit--

As I wrote up the report I found that on occasion filling would work but it was extremely temperamental and didn't work most of the time. I wonder if that explains the differing results people have found here. Either way we have the bug filed.

ref: OPX-1328

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

littlebobbytables, thanks for all the information. Cute trick from Intuit. I know that AB will get it fixed. I think I can let 1Password fill in the information and then I can click on enter. That does work. Thanks again, go Coders......

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully we'll be able to find a solution for this submission problem, but I'm glad that 1Password is at least able to fill for you for the time being. :)

This discussion has been closed.