Registration failed for new member (Teams)

I want to add a new colleague to our Teams' 1Password system. However, during creation of his Master Password he receives a message "Registration failed. The operation failed for an operation-specific reason". And he cannot continue creation of his account.
Specifics:

• User has a gmail account, rest of the users have a company e-mailaddress.
  • User has been invited as a new team member, not as a guest. However, at first we tried it that way.

Any reasons or solutions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@BerendWouters - Thanks for reaching out to us!

It seems like your 1Password admin limited the Allowed invite email domains to your company domain. Your admin could temporarily remove this restriction in the Admin Console to allow this invitation to go through and put back the restriction afterwards if needed.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional help, please let us know! :)

• BerendWouters
    BerendWouters
    Community Member

So, I removed the domain restriction and have sent the invitation again. However, the same issue still exists, the user still gets the same error.

• Hi @BerendWouters,

I've looked up the logs for this request and it appears that this user was trying to accept the invitation with a FireFox 40.1.0 equivalent version (looks like they were using Waterfox). I suspect that it failed because that browser is too old and lacks some of the crypto features we need in the browser in order to make things work. Can we ask them to update the browser to the latest version and try again?

Rick

• BerendWouters
    BerendWouters
    Community Member

This fixed it, thanks for the suggestion.

• Hi @BerendWouters - You're very welcome. I will make sure to Rick a high-five :-) Keep us posted if you have any further questions and have a great day!

• BerendWouters
    BerendWouters
    Community Member

One question, suppose it'd re-enable domain limit again, would that be applied retro-actively?

• @BerendWouters : no, that should only apply going forward.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.