My Extension won't work

My extension on my laptop stopped working. It says to install the app on my computer which, from the app store, costs 64 dollars. I've been using 1Password for years and have it downloaded on my computer. I can use it, just not the extension. I tried unistalling the extension and re-installing. It didn't work. Thoughts?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 10.10.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

@benny11: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry for the confusion! You've installed the current version (4.6.2) of the 1Password extension, which will not work with the old app (3.8.22) you're using. 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 6, one the other hand, fully supports OS X Yosemite, El Capitan, and macOS Sierra — and the latest 1Password extension in modern browsers — so you'll have a better experience there. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the steps there to install the app and register it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• stee27
    stee27
    Community Member

I am in the same boat as benny11. My 1Password Chrome extension stopped autofilling login fields, so I tried simply updating the extension. The extension was successfully installed, but I found to my chagrin that it is non-functional with version 3.8.22 of the app. As I'm not really in a position to purchase the newest version at the moment, is there a way to re-install the old extension?
    Even though it didn't autofill, I could still copy and paste my passwords from within the extension window.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stee27: While it's not something that we recommend, you can install the old extension from here. Just keep in mind that this hasn't been developed or tested for years, so I can't promise you that it will even work in your browser, which has changed a lot since then (unless you're hanging onto an outdated version of that too, which isn't a good idea, security-wise). Otherwise, while you'll miss out on a lot of improvements in the past 5+ years, 1Password 3 will still work pretty normally on pre-Sierra versions of macOS, even without the extension. Cheers! :)

• stee27
    stee27
    Community Member

Great, thank you brenty. I've re-installed, and while the extension no longer autofills my login fields, it does give me easy access to passwords I can't remember... until I have the opportunity to upgrade, that is!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stee27: You're welcome! I understand completely. If there's ever anything else I can do to help, let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.