Numeric separator for word-based passwords

Options
Rich99
Rich99
Community Member

Back in January of last year there was a request to have the option for a numeric separator for the words of a word-based password. This has come up again in my world as I change a bunch of passwords for sites that might be affected by this Cloudfare problem. Almost all of the ones I'm changing are required to have a number present so I have to individually edit each one which slows the whole process down. At the time of the discussion it seemed as if this was going to be (re)implemented to be an available choice for separator. Was it decided to not do this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Rich99,

I'm not sure which discussion you're referring to specifically. There are several changes that we have in mind for our password generator. One of them was a bunch of work that needed to be done under the hood, and that has actually shipped in 1Password for Mac 6.6 and I'm hoping to see it make its way into the other platforms relatively soon.

We haven't put time towards providing more/different options for things like the separator in word-based passwords. My understanding is that we haven't quite figured out what we want our solution for these kinds of things to be.

Rick

• Rich99
    Rich99
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rick

• You're welcome.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.