Having sync problem on Dropbox

Options
User6
User6
Community Member

I have 1Password on multiple user accounts on the same MacBook. I sync with Dropbox. The browsers I use are Opera and Firefox. It has all worked great up until recently. Now when I add a new password on one user account, it doesn't show up when I am signed into one of the other user accounts.

1Password Version: 6.6.1 (661010)
Extension Version: 4.6.3.9 on Opera; 4.6.2 on Firefox
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync problem

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @User6,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing via Dropbox!

Let's start by checking the sync settings for 1Password on each Mac user account:

On each Mac user account:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync preferences, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

If the problem is that one is syncing with a different sync file than the others, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct sync file.

If 1Password is pointing to the exact same sync file in the same location in Dropbox on each Mac user account, you'll also need to make sure each Mac user account is signed into the same Dropbox account:

On each Mac user account:

• Click the Dropbox icon in the menubar at the top of the screen.
    • Click on the ‘gear’ icon in the corner of that window and choose Preferences.
    • In the Dropbox preferences window, click the Account tab and take note of the email address shown there.

Let us know how it all goes and what you find, thanks! :)

• User6
    User6
    Community Member
    Options

I did as you said and discovered that the link to Dropbox in one of my MacBook accounts somehow had become disconnected (I recently got a new MacBook and transferred everything from my old MacBook using Apple's Migration Assistant program. This must be where the link to Dropbox became disconnected.) I restored it and now everything works fine again. Thanks for the help.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @User6

On behalf of Drew you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that everything's back in sync and working well for you. I hope that everything goes well with 1Password for you from now on, but if you ever need us again you know where to find us ;)

This discussion has been closed.