I found I had two versions of 1P on my 2013 MacBook Pro: 6.5.3 and 6.5.5

Options
BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

I deleted v 6.5.3 and along with it a boatload of files and folders (about 20) associated with 1P.

When I tried to launch v 6.5.5, 1P was treating me as if I were a new user.

Haven't a clue what to do from here, but I have not emptied the trash so,.. is there a way to put Humpty Dumpty together again? I won't empty the trash until I hear from you folks.

I am running Mac os Sierra v 10.12.3

I have 1P on my iPhone and on my 2009 iMac (El Capitan) also.

A screen shot of the deleted files is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1597869/clip_6.png

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Checking my Applications folder, I found I had two versions of 1P; v 6.5.5 and v 6.5.3.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BikerBob

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password with 2 different versions on your Mac before. If you have all your data on your iPhone and iMac the easiest way for you to set up your Mac is to set up sync. Have you been keeping your data in sync via Dropbox or iCloud? You can check that on your iMac by going to 1Password Preferences, then Sync. When you know where your data is stored you can pick that same option on the first run screen and set up sync. You can see more about how to set this up here.

Please let us know if you try this and if you have any questions before doing this. 1Password will be up and running for you in no time! :chuffed:

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Pilar.

FYI, I have 1P on my iPhone, iPad, iMac and I sync via iCloud.

I downloaded v 6.5.3, choose to enter my account details manually but am stumped at the first entry: my sign-in address on the first line. I cannot find that in any of the details on 1P on my iMac.

Went to my Software License for 1P on the iMac and nothing there. Went to Preferences > Accounts on 1P on the iMac and nothing there either.

I have all the rest of the info, just not the sign-in address.

Help!

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar - OK, I figured out how to download an Emergency Kit with my account number which contains the sign-in address. I'll post again once I have everything up and running on the MB Pro once again.

Thanks for the help.

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar -

Well, I am not finding it as simple as you said it would be.

I have the newest version of 1P on my MB Pro, have opened it, but cannot figure out how to set up the Sync so it will sync with my data in iCloud.

When I go to 1P preferences on the MB Pro (running the latest version of Sierra) there is no preference pane for Sync as there is in Preferences on my iMac (running the last version of El Capitan).

When I try exporting from my iMac, under the File menu, Export is greyed out.

Would you please tell me how to set up Sync on the MB Pro, with the new copy of 1P.

Many thanks.

• BikerBob
    BikerBob
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar...
    Just updated to v 6.6.1, but still no joy. There is no Sync pane/tab in 1P preferences.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @BikerBob

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with 1Password, I'd like to ask you to send us some Diagnostics Reports so we can get a better idea of what you have and what's the best way to sort this out.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: ENL-32395-233

This discussion has been closed.