Smart Folders item count not displayed

…when using the "Any of the fields" search criteria
Hi -

Having trouble with SmartFolders in 1Password. I'm using 3.7.1b1, but this issue has been present since 3.6.x.

Normally, each SmartFolder stores searches and has a quantity indicator showing how many logins are in the Smart Folder. Problem is that one of them, for reasons I can't determine, does not show the quantity.

Please see the PNG file with clips from two screenshots

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    There was a change back in 1Password version 3.5.4:

No longer showing item counts for smart folders that search full item contents. This avoids slow unlocking from needing to decrypt every item.

If the Smart Folder uses the "Any of the fields" search subject, the item count will not currently be displayed.

20110505-kkxqi6ajpmt9ug9drhp5j5cqd3.png

We are working to improve this in a future version. Thanks for letting us know you are also interested in this.

Also, IMHO, this should be a preference rather than creating these Smart Folders automatically.

I'm not certain what you mean by this. Could you explain a bit further?

Thanks!
  • michaelfrankel
    michaelfrankel
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

There was a change back in 1Password version 3.5.4:

No longer showing item counts for smart folders that search full item contents. This avoids slow unlocking from needing to decrypt every item.

If the Smart Folder uses the "Any of the fields" search subject, the item count will not currently be displayed.

20110505-kkxqi6ajpmt9ug9drhp5j5cqd3.png

We are working to improve this in a future version. Thanks for letting us know you are also interested in this.

I'm not certain what you mean by this. Could you explain a bit further?

Thanks!

What I meant was this: I don't think it should "automatically" create Smart Folders (at least that's how it appears to be working for me) when I do a search. Is that the information you were looking for?

Please let me know.

--
    Michael Frankel
    FileMaker Certified Developer
    Wizard Consulting Group
    Office: (818) 706-8877
    Skype-In: (818) 483-4686

• What I meant was this: I don't think it should "automatically" create Smart Folders (at least that's how it appears to be working for me) when I do a search. Is that the information you were looking for?
    Hi Michael,

I’m sorry for the confusion. 1Password isn’t creating those folders automatically or at least it shouldn’t be. When you do the search, we provide the search parameters to help you narrow the search results, and when you find something you’re looking for, you can choose to save it as a smart folder. It is purely optional.

I hope that clears it up. Please let me know if that’s not what you’re seeing.
This discussion has been closed.