Password changes not syncing

Options
jamapor
jamapor
Community Member
edited February 2017 in iOS

Hey all -- I did some searching in the forums and can't find a similar problem. I'm in the process of changing all passwords for my accounts (feature request: make this easier...). My accounts all sync via iCloud vault. When I make a login password change with one device, it's not replicating to all my devices. I make sure to sync them all up and the sync completes and works perfectly for new logins. However, it's not working for solely password changes. When I manually go in and change a password in a vault, I want that change to replicate down to my vault on my other devices. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey all -- I did some searching in the forums and can't find a similar problem. I'm in the process of changing all passwords for my accounts (feature request: make this easier...).

@jamapor: Except in cases where you have a good reason for doing so (weak, reused, or compromised), don't change all of your passwords. Though there's really no way to automate this, we can consider ways of streamlining the process a bit. But for the most part this is something you should ever only need to do once, so for the time being there are improvements that we can make which will benefit more users on a daily basis.

My accounts all sync via iCloud vault. When I make a login password change with one device, it's not replicating to all my devices. I make sure to sync them all up and the sync completes and works perfectly for new logins. However, it's not working for solely password changes. When I manually go in and change a password in a vault, I want that change to replicate down to my vault on my other devices. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding what you're having trouble with. At first it sounded like your data wasn't syncing, but the focus on passwords in particular not syncing makes me think you may be referring to something else. Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the sync method (only iCloud? a single vault?), the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect. Thanks in advance!

• jamapor
    jamapor
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hey Brenty- thanks for the quick and thorough response. On #1, yes on all three for me. I had bad PW management in the past and reused a bunch, some that were weak, and there was a compromise with some of the vendors. I'm starting from scratch to make my life easier. Props for the security audit feature on the desktop version.

For #2, I'm using one vault synced to the iCloud. I'm using 2-3 devices to sync. When I update a password manually on my computer, it doesn't seem to replicate to my iPhone. I sync my laptop with the new password, then sync my iPhone to make sure I'm in sync. Then I pull open a login on my iPhone and it still has the old password.

Apple iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1. 1PW 6.5.2
    Apple MacBook Air on OSX Sierra - don't have with me with now so can't check 1PW version

• Good morning @jamapor. Thanks for all the extra detail. I believe we are at the point where we're going to need to collect some diagnostic information from both your Mac and your iPhone:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jamapor
    jamapor
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni - will do. Traveling at the moment so I'll get this info over to your team this weekend. Thanks.

• Cheers @jamapor, we'll be here.

• jamapor
    jamapor
    Community Member
    Options

I just got home and did some syncing and it seems to be working with all the new passwords I've been setting. Hmm, go figure. Well, I'll bookmark this thread just in case it creeps up again. Thanks for the help.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @jamapor. Have a good weekend!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.