I can't activate 1password 6

Options
yuxujian
yuxujian
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

I had buy 1password 6 Single license use email: [Removed by AgileBits Staff to protect your privacy]
I opened the license then I checked on 1password 6
Preference-----Accounts
show me " Your 1Password account is in Trial mode" ??? It is activation or not???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yuxujian

Thank you for taking some time to get in touch with us. I removed your email to protect your privacy, these forums are public.

What you have is a 1Password license, and what's frozen is your account. These are two different ways to use 1Password, you can learn everything about them here: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

This will help you learn which version of 1Password is best for you, if you decide you want to go with an account please let us know and we'll see what we can do to help you out ;)

• yuxujian
    yuxujian
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @Pilar
    yes. My account was frozen. buy I had buy life time license in (https://agilebits.com/store)

why my account become to frozen status?

• @yuxujian,

@pilar explained that you're mixing two different purchase models at the same time.

A license is what you purchase for a particular version of 1Password, in this case version 6. It is not a lifetime license. It only works for the specific version that you've purchased.

You also signed up for a 1Password.com subscription account, which is what is showing as Frozen.

If you intend to use the standalone license you're going to need to move all your data into a local/offline vault and subsequently delete your 1Password.com account.

To do that: Preferences -> allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password.com, select all your items and via the Items -> Share -> Primary -> copy

Rudy

• yuxujian
    yuxujian
    Community Member
    Options

@ ruby
    I see. Thank you

• @yuxujian,

:) :+1:

Let us know if you still have questions or concerns and we'll try and clarify.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.