To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to RESET Master Password for iPassword

JDHEREDIA
JDHEREDIA
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Memberships

Hello,

I tinkered with the free trial version of the app and a month later after my trial ended I finally decided to subscribe to the app. Unfortunately due to the lack of using the app prior to subscribing I FORGOT my MASTER PASSWORD. I'm a subscriber now but I'm unable to log in due to me forgetting my MASTER PASSWORD. Is there anyway to reset it or create a new one on my new subscription? At the time of the free trial I did not back it up on dropbox or any other back up options as I was still thinking of using the service or not. Please help. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JDHEREDIA,

The best way for us to do this is to have you email in. Due to how 1Password words, we cannot simply reset your password, and we'll actually need to delete your account and have you create a new one. Your Master Password is what provides access to your data, and so it's critical that you retain it.

Email support@1password.com and we can help you out with that. You should get an email reply from bitbot nearly immediately that includes a support request id. If you post that request id on the forum here we'll be able to find your message and help you out there.

Rick

• JDHEREDIA
    JDHEREDIA
    Community Member

Thank you Rick! I'll email now.

• Sounds good!

Rick

This discussion has been closed.