Duplicates after switching to 1Password.com account

Options
mikepo
mikepo
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Mac

Just switched to an account. Now I have two copies of each entry on my Mac (from Safari or 1P app) and three copies on my iPhone--not only duplicates, but a different number of duplicates on different devices. What gives?

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mikepo - Thanks for reaching out to us. I think your issue will need some back and forth to resolve. Could you please contact us via email? Please report back the support ID you received after sending your email and I'll be happy to look into it right away. Thanks! :)

• adavidow
    adavidow
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Upgraded from 1Password 6 on several devices (Mac, iPad, Android) and now I have two of everything.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adavidow

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Are the duplicate items in all your devices or only some of them? I'd like to ask you to send us a Diagnostics Report from the devices that you're having trouble with so we can get a better idea go what's going on :chuffed:

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• adavidow
    adavidow
    Community Member
    Options

I think the problem is now having two vaults--the one that is currently shared via dropbox, and the one that I set up on y'alls server. I apologize for being thick, but I do not see an obvious way (which I would have assumed was part of the instructions for setting up the vault on y'alls server) to migrate, as opposed to winding up with two. Now, I appear to have two vaults and there appear to be slightly different numbers of entries in each. How to diff?

Why is this so painful?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adavidow,

Ah, that explains why you're seeing duplicates - it sounds like you copied the items from your local 'Primary' vault to your new 'Personal' account vault, and have not deleted the Primary vault. If you're in the All Vaults view, you're seeing both copies of each item (one from each vault).

Normally, when you add your account to the 1Password app, it should ask if you want to move items from the Primary vault to your new account vault. Once you do that, it should also ask if you want to delete the old Primary vault, since you no longer need it. I don't know why that wouldn't have happened, but it's very easy to delete the Primary vault yourself. If all your latest data is in your new account vault(s), just follow these steps:

1. Open & unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Click the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window and select your Primary vault.
    3. Go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menubar, then follow the on-screen steps.

On the other hand, if you made some changes or added items to your Primary vault that are missing from your account vault, you'll need to copy those to your account vault first. Then you can follow the above steps to remove the Primary vault.

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.