Family installing app

Options
DevinCap
DevinCap
Community Member

I have downloaded the trial version and invited my four family members. My computer works fine the app in the safari works good my iPad and my iPhone app work good. I sent an invitation to my wife as a family member. I made her administrator. Her safari app on her MacBook Pro works great. She can login on the web. She can see all shared passwords. But when she installs the IOS app and we scan in the code it tells her invalid login information. It does the same thing on her iPad or iPhone. We have checked and made sure the master password is correct we even tried reinstalling the apps and changing the master password she still receives invalid login information. I can take her phone and scan it in my information and the app works fine. But she cannot log into the app with her login information. Her login information works fine everywhere else but not on the IOS app. We signed up for the trial version on your website yesterday.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: 10.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good morning @DevinCap! Thank you so much for writing in with such a detailed account of the trouble you're having. This is definitely something we want to make sure we resolve, because if there's a bug in our account code scanner we've got to get that tidied up right away. I've got a couple more questions for you:

1. After you scan the account code on her iPhone or iPad, compare the details to those shown on the Get the Apps page of her 1Password.com account in Safari. If they aren't the same then we've found our problem.
    2. Try manually typing in the account details and see if that works.
    3. Have you added her account to 1Password on her Mac? Did you do so with the code scanner there?

Let's start with those and see what we can come up with. Thanks!

• DevinCap
    DevinCap
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I have done one and number two. We did add to her Mac it worked yesterday and now today it does not. She can log online but no apps work. Recap let of these work Mac, iPhone or iPad. All of mine work just fine app online iPad, iPhone I can load mind in her iPhone and iPad but she cannot. She can logon the Internet just fine.

• Thanks for that detail, @DevinCap. It's time for us to dig into some extra troubleshooting here. Since you've got a working 1Password setup on your iPhone let's use that as our test platform going forward:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone.
    2. Tap on Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings
    3. Tap the 1Password.com Accounts row to enable logging for it.
    4. Tap the Setting tab again to go back to the home screen.
    5. Tap 1Password Accounts > Add Existing Account
    6. Scan your wife's account setup code and have her enter her Master Password
    7. After the failure to sign in please send us a diagnostic report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.