To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Frozen Even though I have License

Options
beckpeck
beckpeck
Community Member

I purchased a single license for 1Password 5 for Mac 1/5/15. I haven't had any issues with my account until recently. I'm guessing its because I was trying to merge multiple vaults and created a 1Password account? I'm not sure how to unfreeze my account without having to pay the monthly subscription. I didn't expect to be paying more on top of the $40 bucks I paid for the license. It's really confusing that there is a separate subscription payment tier on top of the license purchases and its even more confusing how to resolve this issue.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @beckpeck

I'm very sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. The 1Password.com account have some extra features and capabilities that can only be achieved this way. You can read everything about the difference between using local vaults and accounts here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

If you don't want to keep on using your account you can easily move your data back into your local vaults by following the same process you did to move your data there to begin with, just be careful to move all your items from Personal (or the vaults you have on your account) into Primary or local vaults.

If you have any further questions about 1Password and the different ways in which it can work, please let us know and we'll be glad to help you sort everything out :chuffed:

• beckpeck
    beckpeck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pilar ,

Thanks for the reply. It IS confusing!

I don't see to be getting an option for a "Primary" or "Local" vault on the 1password site or my Mac app (Preferences > All Vaults).

How am I supposed to move my data from "Personal" -> "Primary" if Primary doesn't exist and I am unable to create a local vault?

• @beckpeck Oh that's okay, you're not seeing it because that's the 1Password.com web app. 1Password for Mac is an app on your computer, like Safari and iTunes, not a website. Find it by opening Finder and clicking Applications. It should be at the top of the list there. Double click it, then follow the steps Pilar mentioned. Hope that helps! :)

• beckpeck
    beckpeck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jacob ,

I don't understand how to follow the steps when the video refers to being able to move my "Personal" vault items to a "Primary" and visa versa when I have no Primary vault and am unable to create one because my account is frozen.

• beckpeck
    beckpeck
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a view of what I see at the "Share these 1password items to another vault" step

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @beckpeck

Thank you for sending us these screenshots, first of all lets create a Primary vault for you :chuffed: To do this just go to Preferences in the main app of 1Password then Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". You'll now have a primary vault! Once you have another vault you'll be able to see the the rest of the options, like this:

Please let us know how this goes for you :chuffed:

• beckpeck
    beckpeck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Pilar ! I was able to create a Primary vault and move most of my data to it from my Personal Vault.

However, I have 8 documents that are in my Personal vault that I cannot move to my Primary vault. It says that the item category is not supported and there doesn't seem to be a way to download it off of 1-password and store it as a secure note.

Any suggestions?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@beckpeck: It sounds like you have some Documents saved in your 1Password Account. The standalone app does not support this item type, but if you save the files to your computer, you can add them as Attachments to any item:

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• beckpeck
    beckpeck
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty . I understand that the standalone app does not support Documents but I can't find a way to save the Document files to my computer. I can view the files but I can't seem to get the files off of the app and I don't know where the app stores the files on my computer (See pic ref "Delete local copy").

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@beckpeck: Ah, thanks for clarifying! You're on the right track! When you first select a Document, you can Click to View, which will download the file. It looks like you've already done that in the screenshot. Then if you choose Show in Finder, it will open a window with the file itself. You can then add it to an item in your Primary vault as an attachment. Let me know if that helps! :)

• beckpeck
    beckpeck
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Great! It worked and I am fully switched back. Thanks for all the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad that worked for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

• ciara
    ciara
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I have this issue too as of this latest download update ... had i known - i wouldnt have updated. I have paid for no less than 3 versions licenses in the past - so i do not feel i should also have to pay for a subscription. The personal vault says it has 2 items but the two items in the personal vault (no idea how they got there) are not showing to me.
    When i look at the left side under vaults - i have a primary vault and a personal vault.. it seems the personal one is frozen with 2 items in it (that i cannot see). on drop down it shows frozen
    thanks

• rob
    Options

Hi, @ciara.

Thanks for your post! What you see next to "Personal" there is "⌘2" -- which is just a shortcut indicator meaning that you can press "command-2" on your keyboard to switch to the Personal vault. There are no items in that vault, though, and since you already have a Primary vault, you can remove the other account completely if you'd like. Just open your preferences window, select the Accounts tab and remove the "mary riley" account that is listed there.

On the other hand, if you'd like to use the new account instead of the old standalone vault, I'd love to give you a discount on the subscription based on your previous license purchases. The new account is more secure and much easier to use in general, especially if you have multiple devices. Just let me know!

Either way, I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.