Quicker OTP access

Options
stormchild
stormchild
Community Member

I know many people have already asked for autofill of OTP, and you're already considering it. In the meantime, though, it would remove a lot of friction from my workflow if it was at least easier to get to the OTP section in 1P Mini when I need to copy it.

Right now it takes at least 6 keystrokes to copy a one-time password:
1. ctrl+\ (my 1P Mini shortcut)
2. right arrow to the details popover
3. down arrow ('password' → 'website')
4. down arrow (this appears to do nothing so it seems to be moving focus to something I can't see)
5. down arrow (now it finally goes to the OTP field)
6. return to copy

I suggest moving the OTP field directly underneath password so it's just one down arrow to get to it, instead of at least 3 (it's even more if there are multiple addresses for the site, which is often the case for me because I'm a web developer). I don't understand why OTP is so far down the list when it's probably the #1 reason for anyone to open the popover.

You should probably also look into why the arrow key has to be pressed twice to move between sections in the popover (both directions).

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:OTP

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stormchild thanks for the feedback! You're right, we are considering autofill of one-time passwords. We also know that people want to be able to more easily access one-time passwords while we think about that feature. I can't share if or when this will be changed, but I've passed your feedback along to the development team :)

You should probably also look into why the arrow key has to be pressed twice to move between sections in the popover (both directions).

This wasn't the case for me in 1Password mini or in the browser extension. Does this happen elsewhere, too, or just with 1Password?

ref: OPM-3053

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for OTP auto fill.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the vote! :)

• JSRossie
    JSRossie
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for OTP auto fill. I'm trying to use more and more OTP's. 1P is great for that, being able to auto fill them would save a stupid copy and paste step.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Me too. Thanks for taking the time to let us know! :)

• PARALEL
    PARALEL
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for OTP auto fill.
    I agree it would be a really nice added feature as 2FA is offered on more and more services/sites.

• In the betas for the last while we've been trying something simpler than filling, but it's been working out so far at least for me : simply copying the OTP onto your clipboard and telling you about it. It'd sure be nice if it just filled, but we aren't there yet. This is a reasonable starting point for me though.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.