To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hiding Vaults during searching

Options
saaymast
saaymast
Community Member

After using 1PW for some time (great product, thanks), I've noticed that there are some items ("entries"?) which are not current, but I don't want to "move to trash", e.g. old CC numbers and associated details that I've entered but not sure that I won't need it again.

I've notice too that there are some auto-entries apparently in this class as well ("1Password 4 4.1.1", "1Password 3", etc.).

So I created a vault "Archive" and move these entries there.

Problem is, "Archive" is becoming sizeable and when I am searching, these entries pop up as well. For example, when I want my bank details, all the "Archive" old-CC entries pop up as well, so it becomes cluttered.

I know it is possible to search in one vault, but is it possible to EXCLUDE one vault (i.e. "Archive") from the search?

Better still, is there a built-in "Archive" vault of 1PW which I don't know about (which has this functionality) - I can't think I am the only one with this issue?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ide faults

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @saaymast - Thanks for getting touch. There's no hidden archive vault, but I think you had a great idea creating one yourself. You can exclude the Archive vault from search by removing it from your All vaults group. This will also affect search.

If you need to search your Archive vault, you'll need to switch to it specifically though.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help! :)

• saaymast
    saaymast
    Community Member
    Options

Roman, I have been able to get this working on my Mac, where these directions apply, but not on the Windows (10) OS. Is it possible in the W10 environment?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@saaymast The option is not available in 1Password 6 for Windows yet. It's on our radar, but I can't make any promises yet as to when this will be available.

ref: OPW-432

This discussion has been closed.