Change in behaviour when searching item within browser (Chrome in my case)

David Spink
David Spink
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

There seems to be a different between v4 and v6 in how searching works within the browser - I cant see an option to adjust it.

I'm using Chrome.

It's very tricky to get 1Password to open a different website than the one currently displayed. If I click the icon, and immediately use the search feature it will only show logins which related to the domain currently displayed on the active browser page. So then I have to click "All Items" and then it will find unrelated logins.... however when I then click the unrelated login it always seems to want to open the selected item in the same browser tab. This is a total pain as I constantly end up replacing a page I want with the new page I also want. The v4 behaviour would be for such a selection to open in a new tab.

Can this be adjusted?

David

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1607
Sync Type: Integrated

Comments

• @David Spink you are right, this is not the way it should be. We'll get it fixed to open unrelated sites in a new tab. Thanks for bringing this up!

• MikeT
    edited March 2017

In addition, we will add options to 1Password mini to open items in new tab, current tab or new windows.

This discussion has been closed.