Searching all fields in 1Password for Windows 6 Beta [Implemented in 1Password 6.4]

KevanSizemore
KevanSizemore
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just wondering if I'm missing something - I cannot seem to search for a bit of text in the note field of a 1Password item using the v6 beta for Windows.

Searching from my Mac does find an item based on a string of text in the note field (e.g. find the item 'fruits.com' by searching for the words apple, orange, or kiwi stored in the notes field).

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @KevanSizemore,

You didn't miss anything, the search is limited to tags and titles only at the moment. We do have plans to expand the search to all fields but we don't have a timeframe on this.

• mzehner
    mzehner
    Community Member

Any update on this item? Major drag not having it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We've made a lot of improvements to search already, but full text search is not available yet. Nothing to announce at this time, but thanks for letting us know this is important to you too! :)

• pboos
    pboos
    Community Member

Just noticed that too on windows. Was using it on MacOS before. Basically I can not find most of the items anymore for this reason. Or well, I can find them, but it takes me a lot longer because I have to type like 3 times until I match something that I have in the name.

• Hi @pboos,

Thanks for letting us know this is hindering your use of 1Password, we experience it too and know how frustrating it can be. We will implement full index search soon.

• Michael_Stinchcomb
    Michael_Stinchcomb
    Community Member

Just want to chime in on this. Advanced search is a must for us. I demo'd 1P on my Mac and was impressed with the advanced search features. To find the same feature missing in the Windows version after signing up our team was a huge disappointment.

• Hi @Michael_Stinchcomb,

This has already been implemented in the latest 1Password 6.4 beta builds. It'll ship to the stable channel very soon.

A list of search improvements implemented in 6.4 are: full text search, partial search terms, and up to 5 concurrent search terms.

I'd recommend giving the beta a try to see it fits your need and if you'd like to see more improvements from us.

This discussion has been closed.