Auto login not working on banking site

Options

Hi...I'm able to get 1P to enter userid and password on my Banner Bank site, but it will not do the sign in for me automatically; the auto login works on all other sites... how do I fix this?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.6.1 (661010) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: n/a
Referrer: forum-search:Auto login not working on banking site

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SpokaneDude,

Thanks for writing in - I had a search for Banner Bank and found the following sign-in page, is this the same one you're talking about?

https://secure.bannerbank.com/bannerbankonline_41/Uux.aspx

If so I gave it a test using 1Password for Chrome 4.6.3.90 with Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) and the same version of 1Password for Mac as you (6.6.1). I entered a fake username and password and hit "Enter" on my keyboard. 1Password then prompted me to save a new Login item.

When I refreshed to web form to make the web form fresh again, using that newly created Login item worked - it was able to fill and auto-submitted. Of course I received a failure message as I don't have a real account with Banner Bank but at least the failure message proved that I was able to auto-submit. Hopefully we can get this working for you too.

Some things to check are:

• If you click on your 1Password browser extension and click the settings icon, is there a tick beside "Submit Logins" in the menu list? It will need to be ticked to auto-submit your Login item.
    • If you open the Login item in the main 1Password for Mac app, click "Edit" in the bottom right-hand-side. This will open the Login item in Edit mode. There will be an option in the Login item itself called "submit" with a drop-down next to it. It should be set to "Submit when enabled" by default. Please confirm this is the case.

Hope this helps, if not please let me know and we'll see what else we can do.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• SpokaneDude
    SpokaneDude
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi Matthew... here is an image of the edit of the Banner Bank 1P login:

<image removed by moderator>

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @SpokaneDude,

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry about editing your post but I could see that some of your data was not hidden so I've removed your posted image of your Login item as anyone could see it on this public forum.

I removed it as quickly as I could but I did notice that the Login had "Submit when enabled" selected which is one of the two settings that should be enabled. The other one is the "Submit Logins" (see my last post) setting. Is that ticked in your 1Password extension settings?

I'm also curious whether you created this Login item in the 1Password app or by letting the 1Password extension prompt you to Autosave the Login?

Hopefully we can get to the root of the issue and get this working for you.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.