1Password not connecting to browser extensions

danielcompton
danielcompton
Community Member

For the last month or so I've had intermittent issues with 1Password not connecting to my browser extensions. When I click the 1Password Mini button it asks me to install the extension for Safari or Chrome (even though they're already installed). I try doing that again and then it takes me to https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, installing over top, e.t.c. and it never makes any difference.

In Chrome I see the 1Password main app flash for a second, then close, and it looks like something happens with 1Password Mini in the menubar. It then says it's looking for the 1Password app, and ends up with the red ring around the 1Password icon, saying it couldn't connect.

In Safari I see the same behaviour, except that it shows a dialog asking if I want to launch 1Password.

Eventually it seems to work, but when I restart my computer I'm back to square one.

What's the next step for troubleshooting this?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2 (Safari), 4.6.2.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: macOS 10.12.2 (16C67)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• danielcompton
    danielcompton
    Community Member

Sure enough, a few minutes after posting this, 1Password has connected itself successfully.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @danielcompton,

I'm glad it's working for you now, but sorry it was a problem in the first place!

If it starts happening again, the first step is to open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences > General to make sure "Always keep 1Password Mini running" is enabled. If it's already enabled, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini in the menubar to see if that helps. If not, please reboot your Mac to see if that makes any difference.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• danielcompton
    danielcompton
    Community Member

This problem has continued to show up most times I reboot my computer, but relaunching 1Password Mini seems to fix it. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's really interesting. I wonder if it's just taking it a bit for everything to launch post-startup. I'm glad that workaround works for you, but we're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.