To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I opt out of the 1Password.com vault and go back to syning with iCloud?

Options
kagy
kagy
Community Member

Confused with the new iOS version. I created a 1Password.com account and moved the personal vault there. I deleted the personal vault on the iPhone, so it is presumably syncing with the .com account, but the iPad and desktop are still syncing to iCloud. I'd like to bail out of the .com account and go back to the way things were on the iPhone - that is, have it, too, sync with iCloud. Things there were too smooth, and I shouldn't have messed with it. Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I opt out of the 1Password.com vault and go back to syning with iCloud?

Comments

• kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    Options

In addition, can you look up my account and send me my license key for iOS version 6.5?

• Hey @kagy! I'd be happy to help. I'm sorry to hear things haven't worked out with your account. It sounds like you're almost there. To sync devices, you simply need to sign in to them and your data will sync from your account automatically. You have moved your items to your account, so you're mostly there. Please try signing in to your account on each of your devices — that should get things moving along. If not, we can help you move back to iCloud.

• kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Jacob. When I signed up, I didn't realize that it was a subscription fee. I can't see why I need to pay a monthly subscription when the way I'm doing it now (through iCloud) is and has been working flawlessly for me.

I have figured out how to delete the .com account and move the iPhone back to iCloud, so disregard the request. For the record, I do love your product.

• @kagy No problem at all! We always appreciate the love. :blush: Let us know if you have some other questions in the future.

• mattyrow
    mattyrow
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Everything was working well with the Dropbox sync and then I signed up for an account. That account is now frozen and every time I use my Chrome plugin I have to switch vaults to my non-frozen one. How can I have my chrome plugin default to my primary vault (vs personal) so I don't have to manually switch it each time?

• lsmedley210
    lsmedley210
    Community Member
    Options

I bought 1password several years ago and rely on it for everything. It has everything in it. I have occasionally had it disappear from my iPhone which momentarily would cause panic but it always successfully downloaded from the app store and everything would be there. Today it disappeared and when I went to the app store and downloaded your app from the cloud it asked for an email, master
    password and account Key (which I didn't have) . So I entered my email as a new user thinking that like all other logins I've experienced it would say something like this email already is registered to an account. The next step you usually see in this circumstance is forgot password or forgot username etc. so you can recover your account. 1password did not do this it just set me up a new blank account that is now missing hundreds of passwords hat I had built into it and this is worthless. Please help me recover my account I'm desperate and rely on your app for everyday living.

Also I don’t recall ever seeing the AgileBits name before. Did you guys recently take over the app? It seems like my log in used to be my Apple Id not my email but again I only had to do that like twice over several years so who knows.

• Hi @mattyrow - Thank you for reaching out to us and sorry for the confusion. It looks like you signed up for a 1Password.com account which is separate from our standalone licenses. We provide you with a 30 day trial to test drive all the features but after the trial ends you will have to add a credit card to the account in order to continue using all the features. You will still be able to access your data. I extended your trial to give you a little more time to decide. We don't want you to pay for 1Password twice. So you have the option of going back to your standalone license using Dropbox as a sync source or you can continue with your 1Password.com account.

In order to change your default vault for saving data items - Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the All Vaults tab > Then click on the drop down menu under "Vault for Saving". I hope this helps and let me know if you have any additional questions. We're always happy to help. Have a fantastic day!

• Hello @lsmedley210 - Sorry for the troubles and I'll do my best to assist you. Yes, we've always been AgileBits makers of 1Password ;-) We're still the same awesome people so no changes there... It looks like you created a 1Password.com account in error. May I ask how you were syncing 1Password previously - iCloud or Dropbox? Let's try the following -

Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone > Tap on the settings tab at the bottom > Tap Vaults > Scroll down and tap "Sync Additional Vault" Choose the same sync method you were using previously - iCloud or Dropbox. Once you select the correct sync source, you might have to enter your master password before the data syncs over to your iPhone. Let me know if that helped and if you have any additional questions. Keep us posted and again sorry for the confusion. Have a fantastic day! :-)

• lsmedley210
    lsmedley210
    Community Member
    Options

That noise you just heard was a large exhale of relief when all my passwords showed back up. Thank you thank you thank you. So I'm not sure why I would want to pay monthly when what I've had worked flawlessly. Do I need to do anything to continue like I have been using the iCloud and not the .com.

• Hi @lsmedley210 - That's fantastic news!!! Thank you for the update. I completely understand where you're coming from, I would be lost without 1Password :-) The only other thing I would check is make sure the account has been removed from your iPhone then you can delete it if you wish.

To check this - Open and unlock 1Password on your iPhone > Tap on the settings tab at the bottom > Tap 1Password Accounts > Then tap on your account in the list and then tap "Remove Account". That should do the trick :-) If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Have a great day!

• lsmedley210
    lsmedley210
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I was initially very frustrated with not being able to call someone but this worked very smoothly. I appreciate your help

• Anytime @lsmedley210 :-) We're always happy to help out. Happy New Year!

• PGMTW
    PGMTW
    Community Member
    Options

I've experienced the same. This is really confusing.

I installed 1Password through the App Store, was pushed to the 1Password account, everything started migrating and this is not what I want. All I wanted was to get my old license up and running.

The UX is incredibly confusing and unclear and, ultimately, pushed me somewhere I didn't want to be. Also I am really nervous as it feels like there's a risk I could damage my 1Pass vault through user error.

To clarify: all I wanted to do was get my standalone password working. Seems I have to uninstall the App Store version and install a downloaded version. Again, terrible UX.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @PGMTW - Sorry for the troubles. If you purchased a standalone license from our website, please download 1Password from here -

https://1password.com/downloads/

If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store previously, just make sure you're signed in using the same Apple ID you originally purchased it under then you should be good to go.

I appreciate the constructive feedback and again my apologies for the confusion.

• kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    Options

I have to agree with PGMTW. I was recently visiting my brother. He was very interested in getting 1PW, but when we went to the web site, it was pushing him toward the .com version. I told him to stay away from that one! He wanted what I have - the stand alone version, but we ultimately gave up. I told him I'd research it more.

So @Frank, I suppose the answer is the link you left above. But I have to add my two cents and agree with PGMTW - terribly confused, and will cost you at least two customers if we can't get my brother and his wife on-board.

• Ben
    Options

@kagy,

We are no longer marketing the standalone version. The only 1Password we're marketing is 1Password.com. Sorry for the confusion -- hope this clarifies.

Especially for a family with multiple devices a 1Password Families account is a more appropriate solution, and likely less expensive that standalone would be:

Families - 1Password

We no longer sell "family licenses" (haven't in a few years).

Ben

• kagy
    kagy
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, now I'm even more confused. What happens in the future to the app I have on my phone, and the 1PW program on my computer? Those were "for sale" apps/programs, bought and paid for, and run flawlessly, and more importantly, without monthly revolving charges.

Are you suggesting that in the future you will stop supporting these apps/programs, and force those of us who wish to continue with this indispensable program to purchase a subscription? And is this the only option for new users?

• Ben
    Options

@kagy,

Sorry if my post caused any unnecessary confusion.

I believe I've outlined the answers to most of your questions here:

If I bought 1Password Pro, am I going to have to subscribe in the future? — AgileBits Support Forum

One question I did not answer...

And is this the only option for new users?

Yes. For families our 1Password Families is the only offering we've got at the moment.

Thanks. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Having both the Standalone and Subscription version, I would stay clear of the .com version as it's still in its infancy. Maybe in a few years, it might be stable, but avoid for now. As a long term user, I am doing a lot of back and forth between the two options.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem That's probably a matter of experience. I switched to a subscription last year (when the infancy remark probably made more sense and before I joined AgileBits) and I'll never go back. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Roman,

For some reason, when I attempted to edit the comment, an extra comment appeared below the comment that I was editing and the extra can be removed by the moderator.

That's probably a matter of experience. I switched to a subscription last year (when the infancy remark probably made more sense and before I joined AgileBits) and I'll never go back. :)

You are right about that.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem I deleted the duplicate comment. :)

This discussion has been closed.