Suggestions for the Strong Password Generator: Fill into sites and remember where it was generated

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
I'm not sure if this has been brought up already, at least I couldn't find this problem in the forums.
When I generated a password for a new login, after clicking "copy" the password was not copied to the respective password field, but only to the clipboard.
In 1P4 this was filled into the correct field.

1Password Version: 6.4.378d
Extension Version: 4.6.4b1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account
Referrer: forum-search:password generator

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I generated a new password for a login and an item named "Password" was created. However there's no way of telling where this password belongs to. Behaviour in 1P 4 was that the URL where this password has been generated for, was the name of the password item.
    This is currently not such a big issue for me, because I'm still testing 1Password 6 with the individual account, but when you have lot of those "unconnected" passwords in your vault, this can become a problem.

1Password Version: 6.4.378d
    Extension Version: 4.6.4b1
    OS Version: Windows 10
    Sync Type: 1Password Account
    Referrer: forum-search:password generator

• Hi @Manaburner,

Thanks for reporting this.

1Password 6 doesn't support filling yet from the Generator Password, that is coming in the near future along with other related improvements like saving the context of where you generated the password, like saving the site's URL or the app's name.

• I've merged your threads here by the way. If you are filing related issues or suggestions, you can use one thread.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    sure it's OK to merge the threads. I'm always hestitant to write about two problems in one thread.

1Password 6 doesn't support filling yet from the Generator Password, that is coming in the near future along with other related improvements like saving the context of where you generated the password, like saving the site's URL or the app's name

That's great to hear :-)

• It's up to you, of course, we always can merge or split as needed.

This discussion has been closed.