To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I lost my Masterkey

Options
ThronRycer
ThronRycer
Community Member

Hey all,

I wrote an email this morning, but saw on the website that I might get a faster answer here, therefore I'm also writing this post.

I've created an account and it looks like I had a typo during the Masterkey creation.
Therefore I'm currently not able to login
Even if it is still a trial account and there is no data in the account yet, I would like to keep the account data and not to create a new account.

Is there a way to reset the Account so I can set a new Masterkey?

Thanks in advanced

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @ThronRycer,

I'm sorry to hear about the lost Master Password! Due to the security design of 1Password, we have no way of resetting it for you. If you're still not able to figure out what it might be, I'm sorry to say that the only other option would be to delete your account so you can sign up again.

I've just sent you a separate email with instructions on deleting your account if you decide to go that route. If you do figure out what your Master Password is, then you can ignore that email.

Once you've deleted the account, you can sign up again with the same domain name. Let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.