WatchTower, how to over-ride

Mark Sealey
Mark Sealey
Community Member

How do I 'over-ride' WatchTower to remove the red banner when I know that a site is secure, please?

IOW I suspect there are some false positives (in my case Amazon sellers) which I wish to remove from my list of flagged sites.

How do I do that… from within 1Password Version 6.6 (660013) Mac App Store, please?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower

Comments

• Hey @Mark Sealey!

Great question! If you see a specific site that you believe is being falsely indicated as vulnerable, please let us know. We put a lot of effort into ensuring that list is kept updated and that there aren't any false positives.

The easiest way to clear that red banner is to edit the item, make some change and then save it again.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks very much, Meek!

When I've finished them all (I have > 150 to go through), I'll send you such a list. Much appreciated :-)

• You're most welcome!

Thank you, we'd really appreciate that!

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

I have slowly been working my way through those logins identified by WatchTower as suspect (red banner).

I had been doing two a day. I began with 160. Changed about 60 passwords last week :-)

By my calculations I had just under 100 still to do as of this morning.

But on launching 1P, it only showed 3 (three) suspect logins/sites. Has something changed, please?

Thanks!

• Hey @Mark Sealey,

Thanks for the update! We recently updated our Watchtower database to remove a number of sites from the old Heartbleed incident three years ago, this is possibly why you are seeing the drop in affected websites.

The majority of sites affected by Heartbleed should not be vulnerable anymore, however if you haven't updated those passwords in the last 3 years, then it would still probably be prudent to update them. For now, I'd look through your list of passwords that are 3+ years old (you can see this in the Security Audit section) and use that as a list to update.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Very helpful. Thanks. All clear! So much appreciate your help in these features :-)

• You're most welcome @Mark Sealey! Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.