To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Duplicate authorized devices

Options
pervel
pervel
Community Member

In the list of Authorized Devices on 1password.com there seems to be several duplicates. For example my iPhone and iPad are both listed twice (strangely they are shown as using iOS 9 but I have long ago upgraded to iOS 10). My Windows PC is also listed twice and so is my iMac (although with two different names).

So my question is why are there so many duplicates? And should I clear out some of them? If so, how do I know which ones to delete? There really isn't enough information for me to identify which ones are still relevant.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pervel,

Is it possible that you reinstalled 1Password app on your devices? The apps would generate a new identifier during the first sign-in and will show multiple times in the list.

We definitely have to display more information about the device to make it easier to manage them. It is on our list of improvements.

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

I did reinstall on at least some of the devices. So that is probably the reason.

And yes, it would be nice with more identifying information so I can safely get rid of the ones that are no longer in use. Right now I have 12 authorized devices listed. I think only 6 of them are "real" devices in use.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @pervel,

I totally hear you - I have a bunch of duplicates myself and it can be confusing.

One thing that can help in the meantime, is the devices should be listed in the order they were first added. So the devices first in the list should be the oldest.

As long as you have your Emergency Kit with your Account Key, then in the meantime, you can always try removing some and if you accidentally remove a current device you'll simply need to re-sign in again.

This discussion has been closed.