How to import from 1Password 3.8.22 to 6

Options

I've had 1Password version 3 (Mac) for years and want to upgrade to the family version of 6. I've set up an online account and installed the v6 app. However, I can't figure out how to import my existing version 3 passwords (they're sync'd via dropbox). The instructions for importing to the online account assume you're already running the v6 app.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• smithc
    smithc
    Community Member
    Options

Found it. I needed to export from 1Password v3 to a pif file, then import that into v6. I assumed v6 would be able to read the files in my Dropbox folder.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @smithc,

I'm very happy to hear you were able to get your data from version 3 to version 6! Sorry you had some trouble with that. Version 6 can certainly sync with your data from Dropbox, but if you initially set up the 1Password 6 app by signing into a 1Password.com account, there are a few extra steps you would need to take in order to do that. I'm sorry it wasn't clear how to do that! Exporting from version 3 and importing to version 6 is another way to get your data from one to the other.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.