I have 1pw 6.6.2 and want to create a 1password.com account

Options
tommy
tommy
Community Member

I saw a neat video showing how to do this and can't find it.
1pw 6.6.2 on my Mac is from the Apple store.
I started creating a 1 password.com account and got an account key using my email. Then it asked me to create a 1pw password. I have one and think I'm barking up the wrong trail.
Please help

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1pw 6.6.2 and want to go to 1 password.com

Comments

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I found the video, created my account and access it on Safari. I didn't delete my old vaults yet.
    I don't like downloading my attachments now. Is this necessary?
    Does 1password mini continue to function?
    I went to the iphone and there too I have to download my attachments. Are they stored on my phone? Where, so I can delete them?
    Confusing

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Okay I got it set up. The problem with being unable to view attachments or document was probably that they hadn't synced.
    Now I have my original vault and the password.com vault. How do I delete the original one?

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I plan on doing the move to a 1p account soon as well.

This video below is what I presume is the best to follow when migrating...
    https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

I'm very happy to hear you're trying a 1Password.com account! The link telUK gave you should be helpful, but to be more specific: If you've already moved or copied all your latest data from your old 'Primary' vault to your new 'Personal' account vault, you can delete the Primary vault by following these steps:

1. Open & unlock the main 1Password app and switch to the Primary vault (use the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window).
    2. Go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menubar.
    3. Read the warning that appears, then enter the master password for your Primary vault and click Delete Items and Vault.
    4. Enter the master password for your account (it may or may not be the same as the one for your Primary vault) and click Update Master Password.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thank you, Drew_AG
    Got it, deleted it. Originally I had searched and didn't find the "delete items and vault"
    What I didn't find was "Update Master Password". I only have one Master Password.

Will this delete that vault from all my devices? I added two iPhones and an iPad to the new account. I changed previously to 1pw6 from the app store version.

Is dropbox still being used?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

Will this delete that vault from all my devices?

No, deleting the Primary vault from a device will only delete it from that device. On your iOS devices, you can delete the Primary vault by opening 1Password and going to Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault.

Is dropbox still being used?

Only for local vaults (like your old Primary vault). You don't need Dropbox to sync your 1Password.com account data because the data in your account automatically syncs through our own servers. On another device, all you need to do is sign into your account from the 1Password app, and your data will automatically be downloaded there.

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. Everything worked fine. On my wife's iPhone 5s I installed the new vault, deleted the old one. However, instead of showing "settings" at the top, it says "start over". I had to shut the iPhone off and restart it. Now it says "settings" correctly

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! Thanks for letting us know that everything's working well for you know! It sounds like you found a bump in the road but a swift restart did the trick ;) I hope that everything's fine for you with 1Password, but if you need our help ever again, we're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.