Problem with second user account on Mac Sierra

guyds
guyds
Community Member

Hello. I'm setting up a new Mac with an account for each family member. I got my 1Password working properly for myself under my account. However, I'm having problems with my wife's setup. We're scanning the QR code from her iPad to get all the account details, but she keeps failing to authenticate with her master password. She's tried at least five or six times, so quite sure she's typing it correctly. Is there something we need to know here?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Hi @guyds! I'm glad you got set up on your account. Sorry for the trouble your wife is having, though. Just so we're on the same track, is she trying to sign in on the same user account as you did? If so, that would be the issue — 1Password for Mac only supports one account from a family at a time right now. If she's using her own macOS account and this is still happening, is she able to sign in to her account on 1Password.com in a browser?

• guyds
    guyds
    Community Member

Hi Jacob. Thanks for responding, and sorry for taking a while to get back to you. She is signing in as a different macOS account. And no, she is not able to sign in using 1Password.com in the browser. She still has no problem on her iPad.

• @guyds No worries, thanks for getting back to me! :) To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from her iPad?

How to send a diagnostics report from an iPad

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• guyds
    guyds
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,
    The support ID I received after sending the diagnostics report is [#UHX-56948-192].

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @guyds! Jacob is sleeping at the moment, but I just wanted to confirm we've received the diagnostics report, and will follow up with you via email shortly :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.