How to "uncopy" items from a shared vault

BmuwEVm
BmuwEVm
Community Member

I am new to 1password families. I think I copied most logins into my shared vault as I thought they would sync with my personal vault. I have now learned they will not (very disappointing by the way). So I now want to "uncopy" all these items in my shared vault and then move each one of them from my personal to my shared vault. How do I do this? It started with how do I tell which logins in my shared vault were copied there and which have been moved? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1password.com, mac, ios, windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:move vs copy items

Comments

• Hacky
    Hacky
    Community Member

I made same mistake. I have suggested, and still strongly believe, that a manual would be very helpful.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@BmuwEVm and @Hacky - I'm sorry for the confusion!

It started with how do I tell which logins in my shared vault were copied there and which have been moved?

There's no easy way to discern moved and copied items. I think the best way would be to look at All Vaults (make sure the vault switcher in the upper-left is set to show All Vaults). Then sort the items alphabetically. For the items you copied you should see duplicates. For the items you moved, you shouldn't. In any way you will be able to see where an item resides in the right half of the screen:

For the duplicates I would recommend deleting them from the Shared vault. For the remaining items in Shared, I'd move them to Personal.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.