To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to delete shared vault

Options
kellygee1025
kellygee1025
Community Member

I tried a shared vault last year and it was very confusing and expensive so decided to just stick with the primary vault. I have been trying to delete the shared vault for months because it just pops up with the snowflake next to it and is also a pain. When I try to delete the vault from the vault's page in 1password, I get a message saying...

"You are about to delete the vault named "Shared".
This action is permanent. The vault and all of its items will be removed from all devices in your team.
To continue, please type in the name of the vault and click Delete."

When I type the name of the vault in, the "delete" button remains gray and I am not able to delete. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Kelly

1Password Version: I don't know
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:deleting shared vault

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @kellygee1025 - Sorry for the confusion. The Shared vault you're trying to delete is connected to the 1Password Teams account you created a while back. We include a 30 free trial giving you an opportunity to test drive all the features before having to add a credit card to the account. It's frozen at the moment (snowflakes) which means you can still access the data but certain features will not be available. I noticed there are data items associated with the account. Did you want to continue with the Teams account? If not, you can migrate the data back to your Primary vault then sign out the account to remove it from 1Password on your Mac. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to help out :+1:

• kellygee1025
    kellygee1025
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank,

I just want to only have the primary vault, so delete the teams account. I still can't figure out how to do this. I am not using any of the teams passwords so I can just delete those. How do I delete the teams account?

Thanks

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @kellygee1025 - Oh not a problem, I'll be happy to help you there. But before we proceed with deleting the account, do you want to move the items over to your Primary vault? I just don't you to lose anything in the process. I can email you if that would be better, I just don't want to run into sharing any private information here since this is a public forum. :+1:

• kellygee1025
    kellygee1025
    Community Member
    Options

Sure that would be fine. Thanks!

• Frank
    Options

Fantastic! I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. When you get a chance, reply back to me over there so we can continue the discussion. I look forward to hearing back from you :-)

ref: YQN-31242-478

This discussion has been closed.