Bug: Screen timeout in split screen view

thomas_PL
thomas_PL
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Android

If the app is open in split screen view (Nougat), in focus, asking for my fingerprint and the screen times out, it doesn't turn back on again.

I stumbled across this a couple of months ago, but forgot about it since it is such a specific situation. It is, however, rather frustrating as you have to turn your device off and restart it.

Nexus 5X
Android 7.1

Comments

• Thanks for getting in touch @thomas_PL! Sorry, but I'm not able to reproduce the issue so far. Here's what I did.
    1. Launch 1Password on Android (Fingerprint Unlock enabled).
    2. Open a second window in split screen mode.
    3. Tap the 1Password window so that it's in focus and prompting me for my fingerprint.
    4. Wait for the device to time out.

When I unlock my device again, 1Password is responsive and accepts my fingerprint as expected. Is there something I'm missing?

• thomas_PL
    thomas_PL
    Community Member

Hi @peri !

By following the steps you described I am able to reproduce this issue. After (4.) my device vibrates two times and after that will not unlock again.

I made a video of it. If that helps let me know and I'll upload it somewhere.

• Sure! That would be really helpful, @thomas_PL. Could you please email it to support+android@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.