To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why am I now seeing "buy a standalone licence" for $64.99 when I already bought the Mac OS version?

Options
chellspecker
chellspecker
Community Member

Mac OS 10.11.6.
1Password 6.6.2 Mac App Store.
Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit).
Chrome Extension 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.6.3.90

Some issues I have been having:

1. I get this: . When I go to use the extension it says "Read-Only Version. Click to buy." I'm pretty sure I bought the software.
  2. The "Open and Fill" doesn't seem to work anymore on a bunch of websites that used to work and I JUST updated the Chrome Extension for the second time.
  3. In general 1Password seems to be acting strange and not as expected. I'm pretty sure I paid a whack of cash some time ago for a licence for the software. Maybe two years ago? Is there really another $65 update I need to pay now, and if so you've got to be kidding me. I have paid for the iOS version, and use it extensively on my phone and iPad. I have paid for the Mac version. I don't relish the idea of paying more for something which I've already paid for, and I'm afraid this has come up already once before with you guys. Please try to respect your user-base that's been with you for years now. I just want a product that works as expected and too many repackaging of your pricing structure are very irritating.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.6.2 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Why am I now seeing "buy a standalone licence" for $64.99 when I already bought the Mac OS version?

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chellspecker! Is it possible you originally purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, and then switched at a later date to use the version from our website? If so, we made some recent changes to our licence checking code, and it is not able to read older Mac App Store receipts, causing a "Trial Expired" message to appear. Luckily the fix is easy - temporarily downloading a fresh copy from the Mac App Store, running it once, and then removing it again. You can find our guide for this here: https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#if-you-purchased-1password-from-the-mac-app-store

Let me know how you get on! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.