To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I do not want subscription - I only want what I had.

Options
Mollison
Mollison
Community Member

If I had known that by trying your new offering that you would suspend my normal app I paid in full for I would never have tried the subscription. Surely you should warn us that if we try an upgrade we will lose our normal operating service.

Please contact me and tell me how to go back in time.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Mollison
    Mollison
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I tried the free trial now it wont let me use my original 1Password I paid in full for.

How do I go back in time with this, I do not want the subscription.

• Rick1337
    Rick1337
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in exactly the same boat here.

I bought the app on my iPhone and I use it daily but have no use for all my passwords to be on any other device at this time - This is because I see and use my iPhone as my personal, secure device (used for Apple pay etc).

I have recently received an email saying that my trial is about to expire, I don't remember signing up for a trial??

I have since searched my receipts email folder and found that I bought -

1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet, Pro Features
    AgileBits Inc. In-App Purchase £6.99

Unless I misread the offer when I bought this I was expecting to own the app in its current state without having to pay anything further.

Can you confirm if I can continue to use this application the way I have for the past 2 years?

Regards,
    Rich

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @Mollison and @Rick1337! Welcome to the forums :chuffed:

All of our subscription accounts come with a 30-day trial period, so that folks can test the service out and see if it meets their needs. For most folks it absolutely does, but we do understand that some of our standalone licence customers will decide to stay with what they have - and that's fine!

Signing out of a subscription account from inside the 1Password app will remove all references to that account from the app. If you had moved your data from your old local-only standalone vault into the account, you can use the sharing/move features in the 1Password app to move the data back again first, before signing out of the account.

If either of you would like assistance with that, please contact our support team at support@1password.com, and we'll be glad to give you a hand! :chuffed:

ref: ZUD-97576-598

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mollison! I replied to you over in the thread you started, so let's keep the conversation going there instead :chuffed:

• Mollison
    Mollison
    Community Member
    Options

Please list the step by step procedure to remove the trial period subscription.

I feel I have been ambushed and tricked into this.

I have emailed your support email, but it says all are busy, I have to wait for assistance.

• Frank
    Options

Hi Mollison - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was able to locate your email and I just replied back to you with instructions. When you get a chance, reply back to me over there so we can continue the conversion. Talk to you soon!

ref: CCI-67633-576

• pfapl
    pfapl
    Community Member
    Options

My concern is similar. I'm a longtime user and satisfied customer. I've been happy using the standalone version, but signed up for the trial subscription to see if I'd find it useful. I didn't-- never had a need for the online vaults-- so I was going to let it lapse. Now I get a message that my account is blocked. What I'd really like to do is compare the standalone vs. subscription versions. Any way I can do that now?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pfapl

You can read about that here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

When you sign up for an account, after a 30 day trial if a subscription isn't established accounts are frozen. You can read more about that here:

If your 1Password account is frozen

I hope that helps!

Ben

• pfapl
    pfapl
    Community Member
    Options

Right. Thanks, Ben. But now if I decide I don't want the subscription, how do I go back?

• Ben
    Options

I'd hope that wouldn't be the case, as we truly believe 1Password memberships are the best way to use 1Password, but I'll send you a message with instructions. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.