When I have the app open the Chrome extension can't be accessed, it flashes and disappears

lwmcmahon
lwmcmahon
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,
I have the 1PW app open on my PC then click on the 1pw Chrome extension does not work, it simply flashes and goes away.

SO, it is not possible for me to login when the app fails to fill in a form properly, because I can't select it in the browser and fill in the form. This is a bad. I can't login to some sites w/o closing the app so the extension will work.

An example would be this forum. I try to login from my 1pw app, login form not filled in. Can't use the Chrome extetion until I cloa the 1pw app down.

Yuk.

BTW, where is the password generator on my 1PW iPAD app? I only see it on my PC.

1Password Version: 6.4.377
Extension Version: 4.6.4.1
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @lwmcmahon,

I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password! Let's get to the bottom of this together. :)

First of all, could you please tell me what version of Chrome you have installed? Do you have any other extensions that could obstruct the way 1Password extension works?

I am asking this, because I went ahead and tested the behaviour of the latest beta-extension in Chrome (57.0.2987.98) and it seems to be working fine:

Does this issue remain in other browser, e.g. Firefox? Please let us know.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member

Hi,

Chrome is now at 57.0.2987.98
    It is not doing this anymore.

If the issue returns.

Larry

• Hi @lwmcmahon,

That's great to hear, it sounds like Chrome may have been updated in the background and the extension isn't working in that mode until you restart to update the app.

Please do keep us informed if anything changes.

This discussion has been closed.