I am unable to get the IPassword Keyboard to work on UK keyboard with UK English.

RaphaelH
RaphaelH
Community Member

I have just changed to an Android Samsung Tab A from an iPad and have been unable to get the Autofill Keyboard to work. I eventually worked out that you need to have a US Language and US Keyboard setup. That is a problem if you live in the UK. Why not allow all keyboards and languages to work!
I have been a great fan of this programme, but this is a possible fatal flaw for me. Otherwise I have to go the long way around and copy & paste, or change settings every time I want a password filled in. That is a REAL PAIN!
Am I missing something?
Your wisdom please.

Comments

• Hi @RaphaelH. Thanks for getting in touch with us. :)

The custom 1Password keyboard isn't currently localized, so it's only available in US English. However, there's built-in shortcut that will allow you to quickly switch back to your preferred keyboard after filling. Just long press on the 1Password keyboard space bar to change back quickly. No need to change any settings! Just switch to the 1Password keyboard, use it to fill, then switch back after you've filled in your credentials.

That said, we are planning on revisiting filling very soon, and hope to have some improvements there in the near future. Let me know if you need anything else!

• RaphaelH
    RaphaelH
    Community Member

Hello Peri, Thanks for the reply. I have managed to get it to work but it does no go back again and I have to reset the settings again! So almost there!

• @RaphaelH Have you tried long pressing on the 1Password keyboard space bar? This bring your keyboard options right up so you just need to tap to change.

• RaphaelH
    RaphaelH
    Community Member

The problem is not fully resolved! The double tap works but only in one direction; but after that I have to go back to Samsung/Android Settings and reset the Keyboard back to 1Password. I have had to work around this in order to get my spellchecker and predictor to work as well!
    At least I have access to my passwords and do not have go and fetch and copy and then Paste!. Only a little quicker. So for us users on the other side of the big pond 1Password is not completely compatible with Android Marshmallow on a Samsung Tablet. Your team still have some tweaking to do. Only 4* at the moment on this device.

• Sorry @RaphaelH. Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung Tab to test on, so I'm not able to provide specific instructions for that device. However, if there's an online user guide or YouTube videos for that device, you may be able to find a shortcut from switching from the default Samsung keyboard.

That said, we plan on revisiting filling soon and hope to make improvements there, which would remove the need for you to have to switch keyboards. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @RaphaelH,

Is the following Samsung support page, http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/skp/faq/1069607 of any use? I'm not an Android user myself so I cannot confirm but it suggests there is a difference between changing input languages on the default keyboard and changing the actual keyboard in use. If so the section titled Switch Text Entry Modes near the bottom of the page may be applicable.

• RaphaelH
    RaphaelH
    Community Member

Hello,
    I am becoming slicker with practice! Thanks for this. I will look into it.

• Great! Let us know if that helps!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@RaphaelH,

Could I ask a favour please. Did that page I linked to help and did the section on Switch Text Entry Modes apply to your device? I'm not an Android user myself so I'm trying to confirm if you can change keyboards as they've described. As best I can tell the ability to quickly change keyboards (separate from input languages to a particular keyboard) seems to change depending on the version of Android and whether the manufacturers have added their own overlay on top of Android. Quite frankly it seems to make the whole thing confusing.

• RaphaelH
    RaphaelH
    Community Member

A pleasure to help. Not exactly, there are many similarities. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 6 10.1". Running OS is Marshmallow Android.
    My Screen is a bit more drab!! I hope these show up.

It is very difficult as there is a non-ending change. As mentioned I seem to have worked around it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you have a workaround that helps you in the mean time, and we're working on ways to make it easier to fill logins with 1Password in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.