To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

A suggestion regarding the Account Key

Options
TDK1044
TDK1044
Community Member

I've seen a few posts here about folks having lost their Account Key. I have a Family account with 1Password, and I have my wife's Account Key stored in my Secure Notes section, and she has mine stored in hers. Neither of us knows the other's master password. Doing this prevents us printing out or writing down our secure 1PW information. Obviously not a solution for the single user, but it works well for us, so I offer it as a suggestion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TDK1044 That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing it! :) :+1:

Note that on a Family and Teams Plan, Family Managers / Admins can help with Recovery, too!

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Roman. You know, it's funny how some things don't change even in this digital age. For many years now, if my wife and I are travelling together, we pack half of her clothes in my suitcase, and half of mine in hers. That way, if the airline loses one of our suitcases, we can still function until the suitcase is returned. I simply applied the same principle here.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TDK1044 - Makes perfect sense! :)

This discussion has been closed.