To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Old password still works on second user (same machine)

Options
Steff
Steff
Community Member

Hi there,

I moved to the family account some days ago and it works well on my mac (1st User) and on my iPhone etc. On my second user 1PW still works with my old password (6 characters) and shows some old (not synced) data as well. In the same time it shows the new "All Vaults" menu and the new account settings. One ore the other would be logic, but both at the same time confuses me. Any fixes?

Thanks!
Stefan

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: 1PW

Comments

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @Steff - Congrats on the new 1Password Families account :-) Your original Master Password is still working on the second user account because your Primary vault is still associated to 1Password. Currently, you have the original master password that unlocks the apps since that is the password associated to your Primary vault. After you add the Families account to 1Password, you can delete your Primary vault (unless you have to move over any data) by following the steps below -

Open and unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select "Switch to Vault" and choose Primary from the list > Click 1Password in the menu bar and select "Delete Vault" from the drop down list. You will have to enter your original master password before you can delete the vault.

Once your Primary vault has been deleted, your Master Password will revert to your Families Master Password. I hope this helps and I apologize for the confusion. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.