To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

separate personal vault from business vault

Options
jgaliette
jgaliette
Community Member

my company installed 1password 2 years ago. My husband and I then purchased the mobile app and setup our personal vault. I honestly don't remember how we did this but believe the two are meshed and I only have one email address associated with both accounts. Our vault is stored on our own personal Dropbox account Is there a way to start a family sharing account or other personal account and move our personal info to that account? I will be leaving my company within the next year and want to be proactive about this.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:separating work and personal vaults

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @jgaliette - Great question and I'll do my best to help out. You could sign up for a 1Password membership then move the items from your Primary vault (that you sync with Dropbox) over to your Personal vault. If you plan on using 1Password with your husband, I would recommend giving 1Password Families a test drive. We include a 30 day free trial giving you a chance to test out all the features.

You can read a little more about Families here - https://1password.com/families/

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be happy to help out :-)

• jgaliette
    jgaliette
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your prompt response. If I choose just a regular 1password account, my husband should be able to sign in also, correct?

• jgaliette
    jgaliette
    Community Member
    Options

also, on the 1password for families, can we have separate vaults, for example our vault, and my daughter and her husband's vault?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @jgaliette - Yes, when you sign up for a Families plan you have the ability to invite up to 5 family members per subscription. Each family member has access all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS). You can even view your 1Password data via the web from any device. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end.

Each family member by default receives a Personal & Shared vault. Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more. For instance, I added my banking and medical information to our Shared vault. Now my wife has access to this data in the case of an emergency.

Each family member will be provided with their own unique Secret Key and they will have an opportunity to create their own Master Password. So your husband will have his own Secret Key and Master Password but anything you wish to share can be added to the Shared vault so the rest of the family can access it. Let us know if you have any additional questions :-)

• jgaliette
    jgaliette
    Community Member
    Options

thank you so much for your response, you have been very helpful

• Frank
    Options

You're welcome, anytime, keep us posted if you run into any questions along the way :+1:

This discussion has been closed.